Yield: 4 servings.
- 1/2 pound pitted olive mix in oil, from olive bar
- 1 loaf Italian semolina bread, preferably round
- 1/4 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/3 pound imported Mortadella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound salami, thinly sliced
- Pulse the olive mixture in food processor until roughly chopped.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise, scoop out some of the bread from top and bottom of loaf and then spread both sides with olive mixture. On the bottom half of the bread evenly distribute half of the cheese, all of the mortadella, all of the salami and the remaining half of the cheese and place top of bread back on. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place a bottom heavy pan on top with a brick on top of that. Let sit for 3 hour and cut into 4 wedges. Serve.
**What to toss in if you have it: You can always add another cheese to this. Why not try mozzarella?
**You can add heat by choosing a spicy marinated olive.