Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 seconds for each batch
Inactive Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Mini candy bars, such as Twix, Mars, Snickers or Almond Joy
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Freeze the mini candy bars.
- Combine the egg and milk in a large bowl and add a pinch of salt. Whisk in the flour and refrigerate, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat about 4 cups of oil in a large pot to 365 degrees F.
- Dunk the frozen candy bars into the chilled batter, and then gently drop them, in batches into the oil. Cook just until light golden in color, then remove them to a brown paper bag to drain and cool for at least 1 minute.