It’s time to belly up to the dinner table as Claire shows us some of her favorite middle eastern dishes. First, a twist on an American favorite, nachos. Claire uses lamb and a tangy feta cheese over perfectly crisped pita chips. Next flavorful, curried chicken thighs roasted and served with a smooth and creamy yogurt sauce. And for a side, it’s crunchy couscous cakes. Last but not least, we’re making a refreshing mint tea to pair with our homemade sweet and buttery Apricot Galette. Belly dance your way towards the kitchen today on 5 Ingredient Fix.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
BYOC: Use your favorite hummus; try lemon or garlic if you prefer no heat.
- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup prepared spicy hummus
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small sauté pan over moderate heat cook lamb until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon transfer lamb to a small bowl and using the fat in pan brush the pita bread. Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven until golden about 10 minutes.
- In a shallow baking dish layer half of the pita wedges, half of the lamb, half of the hummus and half of the feta. Make one more layer in the same order.
- Bake nachos in middle of oven until cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.