Serve cold or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour
- 8 ears sweet corn, shucked, kernels removed and cob scraped of milk
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch (may need less if corn is starchy)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Blend the corn and milk together in a medium bowl until smooth. Strain through cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve into a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Whisk in the cornstarch, sugar and pinch of salt and put the pot over medium heat. Slowly stir until the mixture is very thick, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste for sweetness and salt and adjust, as necessary. Pour into small individual serving dishes or 1large serving dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate to set up for at least 1 hour.