Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (not low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large pot whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, curry powder and ginger.
- Slowly bring to a low boil over low heat. Simmer for until slightly reduced and thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add salt and or pepper, if needed.
- Add the shrimp and simmer, covered, until the shrimp are fully cooked, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and serve with lime wedges.