Cinnamon and Cream Cheese Icebox Cake
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
What really makes this recipe sing: This is a wonderful cake to serve while entertaining in the summer. Your guests will be amazed at this. And to think, you didn’t even have to turn your oven on.
BYOC: Melt your favorite farmers market berry preserve and serve as a sauce. If you can’t fine chocolate graham crackers try using chocolate wafers.
- 3 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 9 to 12 chocolate graham crackers, broken into squares
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Using a hand mixer in a medium bowl add 2 cups cold cream and 6 tablespoons of sugar and whisk until soft peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly add cream cheese and beat until fully incorporated.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups cream cheese mixture on bottom of springform pan and arrange a layer of graham crackers on top of cream cheese mixture. Spread another 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese and one more layer of graham crackers. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top, making sure you have a smooth top. Cover pan with plastic wrap, making sure it touches the top layer, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and place in refrigerator until firm, about 6 hours. Place remaining graham crackers in food processor and grind until you have fine crumbs. Using your hand mixer whip the remaining cup of cream until stiff peaks form and add cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Remove plastic wrap and side of pan and frost cake all over with cinnamon cream. Sprinkle the whole top of cake with graham cracker crumbs. Serve cold.