Prep Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup cream
- 14 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, toasted and finely ground
- Put the white chocolate in a large bowl.
- Add the heavy cream to a heavy-bottomed saucepan and warm it over very low heat. Put the white chocolate into a bowl and pour in the hot cream. Whisk until all of the chocolate has melted. Add the butter and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Refrigerate the ganache for about 1 to 2 hours, just enough to be able to form it into balls.
- Use a tablespoon or small scoop to measure even amounts of ganache into small balls. Put the balls on a parchment or silicone mat lined sheet tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up before the next step.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler (or a microwave). Dip each ball in the melted chocolate (2 forks make it easier to fish out dipped chocolate balls). Put the coconut into a medium bowl and add the ganache balls. Toss to cover them in the coconut, then put them on a wire rack over a parchment lined tray to dry.
- Allow the truffles to set for about 10 minutes before devouring.