Yield: 4 servings.
- Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, at least 60%, plus 8 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 4 (6 oz) ramekins and set aside.
- Over a double boiler melt butter and chocolate whisking until smooth. Whisk in sugar and transfer to a medium size bowl. Whisk in eggs and flour until smooth. Pour batter into prepared ramekins until about 2/3 full. Place one of the small square right in the middle of the cake and press down with fingers so it rest in the middle of the ramekin.
- Bake cakes until slightly puffy and set around the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Don’t worry if you cake tester comes out wet, the center should still be loose.
***Use a nice Maldon salt to garnish or try toasted coconut flakes, or toasted and chopped nuts, fresh berries in the summer or freshly whipped cream.