Claire starts with a classic – the chicken wing – and eliminates the fuss with her broiled hot pepper wings. She then takes all the best of Buffalo Chicken and puts it in a creamy, delicious dip.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
What really makes this recipe really sing: This has all the great flavors of Buffalo chicken wings without all the fat of the chicken skin and oil. Want to make it lighter? Feel free to use light cream cheese.
- 1 cup (8oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over moderate heat melt cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add celery, hot sauce and chicken and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 -inch pie plate and add crumbled blue cheese to the top.
- Bake in oven until hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, bread or carrot sticks.