Broiled Hot Pepper Wings
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
- 5 lb chicken wings split, wing tips cut off and discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for oiling rack
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup hot pepper jelly (preferably stonewall brand)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- Line sheet pan with foil and place oiled rack on top of pan. Toss wings with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread wings on rack in one layer. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning over once, until barely cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat whisk pepper jelly, lime juice and hot sauce until smooth, bring to boil and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Brush 1/4 cup sauce on cooked wings and broil 1 to 2 minutes. Brush wings with 1/4 cup sauce again, then turn wings over and brush with another 1/4 cup sauce. Broil until crispy about, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce before serving.