- Olive oil, for frying
- ½ cup (120ml) peanuts, roasted and unsalted, roughly chopped
- 1 dried red chili, chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) fonio, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (240ml) veggie stock
- Water, if needed
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 10 asparagus stalks, grilled
- Preheat oven to 325oF (165oC).
- Drizzle oil in a saucepan and heat on the stove. Add chopped peanuts and chopped chili and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Add fonio to the pan and stir to coat in oil. Squeeze lime juice into the pan.
- Add in vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the fonio absorbs all of the liquid, just a few minutes. Add water if needed.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooked fonio to a plate and top with grilled asparagus.
Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- 10 asparagus, lower third of stalk trimmed
- Olive oil, for grilling
- Salt to taste
- Place asparagus in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
- Drizzle oil into grill skillet, and heat on the stove.
- Add asparagus and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes, turning to cook both sides.