Makes 1 large loaf or 2 small
- 1 quantity basic dough (get the recipe here)
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- A sprinkling of salt flakes
- Roll out the dough into one large or 2 smaller oval shapes.
- Place on a baking tray, cover and leave to rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon make indentation all over the loaf. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Scatter over the onion, rosemary and salt.
- Bake at 200° C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.