This week on Show Me How, we have a colourful time in studio with Lucinda Markram of Luna Artistry who teaches us the art of creating crepe paper flowers.
Flower Wall Hangning
By Lucinda Markram
Luna Artistry – TEL: 082 510 1074
- Crepe paper for Petals for the Rose and Wild flower
- White and Yellow Crepe Paper for Wild Flower Stamen
- Wire, toothpick, scissors, Glue gun & Glue stick
- Leaves & Embellishments
Crepe paper is directional so make sure the grain is vertical when you’re cutting the flower pieces.
- Step 1:Use the attached template as a guide and cut out the Rose Petals.
- Step 2: Shape the petals
- Curling – Use the toothpick to curl the top ends of each petal.
- Cupping – With both hands, pull from the center of the petal outward. This will create a cupping of the paper and make the petal look more realistic.
- Step 3: Create the rose
- Start building flowers by first spiralling a petal around the stem and securing with glue gun. Glue each petal, alternating around the stem. Repeat until all petals have been used.
- Step 4: The Wild Flower
- Step 5: Create the Stamen
- Rolling – Cut a rectangle out of the yellow crepe paper 4cm long and 1cm wide. Use your index finger and thumb to roll the piece so that it spirals around itself into a tube shape around the wire. Fringing – For the stamen cut a piece of white Crepe paper in a rectangle 6cm long and 3cm wide. Cut piece into 1mm segments. Do not cut through at the bottom of the strip so that all is still attached. Glue and roll this piece around the white tube.
- Step 6: Shape the petals
- Cupping – With both hands, pull from the center of the petal outward. This will create a cupping of the paper (which is what gives it the petal-like quality)
- Scalloping – Use the scissors to cut the top of each petal so that is has two indentations.
- Step 7: Create the Wild flower
- Start building flowers by first spiraling a petal around the stem and securing with glue gun. Glue each petal, alternating around the stem. Repeat until all petals have been used.
- Step 8: Stick the flowers onto the lantern. Cut off the stems from the flower buds. Add glue to the buds and secure into place till dry. Finish off the lantern with leaves and embellishments
Final Tiles Gallery id=40 does not exist