Attention all you cheese lovers: This show is for you. Discover how Martha makes homemade ricotta, classic fondue, fettuccine alfredo, raclette, and grown-up grilled cheese.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 pound grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and Parmesan until creamy. Season with a pinch of pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine according to package instructions until al dente, about 12 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of cooking water; drain pasta.
- Add fettuccine to mixer. Toss pasta with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cheese mixture, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add more pasta water, as needed. Serve with additional cheese.