This week on Recipe for Success our student chef Tiisetso Sebola from Cape Town prepares Fettuccine Alfredo with Spinach and Mushroom for George Jardine from Jardine, Reuben speaks to Michael Jordaan about his Recipe for Success and then there’s still the viewers competition worth almost R 250 000.00.
- 250g Fettuccine Pasta
- 150g Spinach
- 125g Mushrooms (preferably wild)
- 200ml Chicken stock
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 15g Pine nuts
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 30ml Thyme
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- 125g Cream
- 125ml Milk
- 50g Basil
- 10ml Salt
- 5g Black Pepper (crushed)
- 1 Whole Onion
- Bring salted water to a boil, then add the pasta and simmer.
- In a sauté pan or skillet, melt butter on medium heat, and then add the garlic chopped onions and mushrooms to cook for 3 minutes-stirring occasionally.
- Add thyme to the pan, along with a pinch of salt, thereafter, while stirring add the flour to form the roux.
- Cook until brown then add stock – at this point you can use a whisk or spoon -then incorporate and let flour cook for 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cream and milk and leave to thicken (while on medium heat) for 2 minutes.
- Then add fresh baby spinach and basil, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan (keep a little extra for topping on plates).
- Toast nuts on high heat in a sauté pan and drizzle over plated alfredo.