Fennel Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Total Time :42 min
Inactive Prep:10 min
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied, at room temperature
- Emeril’s Original Essence or Creole Seasoning, recipe follows
- 4 (3-inch) pieces fennel stalks (with fronds)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- Emeril’s BBQ Sauce or your favoritebarbecue sauce*
- *Available at local grocery stores.
- Emeril’s ESSENCE Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Season the inside and outside of the chicken breasts with the Essence. Add 1 piece of fennel with fronds to the inside of each breast. Close the breasts and drizzle the outside of each with olive oil.
- Once the grill is hot, add the chicken, oiled side down, close thegrill, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with additional oil and turn to the other side. Close the grill, and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Flip the breasts once more and baste with BBQ sauce, close the grill, and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Right before removing from grill, flip the chicken and baste with BBQ sauce a final time. Remove the chicken to a platter and allow it to rest at least 3 minutes before serving.
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.