- 2 ½ cups (590ml) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) cilantro
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup (120ml) chickpea flour or regular flour
- ¼ cup (60ml) water, or more
- 1/3 cup (80ml) green grapes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup (60ml) tahini
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Sesame oil, for cooking
- Combine chickpeas, garlic, shallot, parsley, and cilantro in a food processor and blend.
- Add cumin and pepper, and squeeze in fresh lemon juice. Blend to incorporate.
- Scrape mixture into bowl. Add chickpea flour or regular flour, and water and mix well.
- Grease waffle iron with sesame oil. Add batter in scoops and cook until crispy but moist.
- Heat skillet with sesame oil.
- Add grapes and cook briefly to warm.
- For honey-tahini sauce, put tahini and honey in a small bowl and whisk.
- Top fa-waffles with honey-tahini sauce, grapes, and toasted sesame seeds.