Encaustic Abstract Art
Encaustic Abstract Art on Canvas
By Erica Botha
Encaustic Art SA
- Wax : No 32 Pastel Lilac
- No 16 White
- No 48 Purple Mixer
- Tools : Encaustic Art Iron and Heat Gun
- Step 1: Use a clean Canvas.
- Step 2: Rub the No. 48 Purple Mixer over the entire canvas. Blow a little bit with the heat gun to warm up the canvas so you can easily add more wax.
- Step 3: Take a clean high density sponge roller and blow on it with the heat gun while rolling it over the canvas until the whole canvas is evenly covered with a thin layer of wax.
- Step 4: Use your Encaustic iron and drip No. 48 Purple Mixer all over your canvas.
- Step 5: Now drip No 32 Pastel Lilac onto the purple and blow it with the heat gun, in an up and down movement.
- Step 6: Drip a bit of No. 16 White onto your canvas and blow with the heat gun, white flowers on your purple and lilac background.
- Step 7: Polish your picture with a soft cloth; do NOT polish in circles but from the bottom to the top, or sideways.
- Step 8: Make sure to sign your work of Art.
- Step 9: Seal your canvas with Wax sealer.
- Step 10: Enjoy!