Eggs On Toast
- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 eggs
- 15g butter, extra
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Truffle oil, if desired
- Heat a large frying pan over low heat. Make a hole in the middle of each piece of bread.
- Butter both sides of the bread. Place bread in the frying pan and cook covered for 3–4 minutes or until golden.
- Turn the bread and crack an egg into each hole of the bread.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Place on serving plates.
- Add extra butter and lemon rind to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper and stir until wilted.
- Serve with the eggs, top with shaved parmesan and drizzle with truffle oil, if desired.