- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme leaves
- 2 cups (500ml) tomato purée (tomato sauce)
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini (courgette), peeled and grated
- 1 parsnip, peeled and grated
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato, stock, carrot, zucchini and parsnip.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer rapidly for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with salt, pepper and parmesan.