Easy Rice Pud
- 125g arborio risotto rice
- 50g whole almonds
- 450ml double cream
- 350g unsweetened almond milk
- 75g dark muscovado sugar
- 50g butter
- 2tbsp mascarpone
- 3 peaches, diced
- 3 sprigs mint, stalks discarded, leaves roughly torn
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- crème fraiche
- 150g crème fraiche
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- zest of ½ orange
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and place the risotto rice onto a baking tray and place into the oven and bake until it turns a golden brown colour and has a toasted smell to it, about 15 mins. Do the same with the almonds on a second tray.
- When both the almonds and the rice are toasted, remove them from the oven and leave to cool. Once cool, chop the almonds finely, though leave some a little chunkier.
- Place the butter into a heavy bottomed saucepan and place onto the heat and cook until it starts to foam and turn brown, add the risotto rice to the butter, turn the heat down and stir around until the rice is covered in the browned butter.
- Pour in the double cream, the almond milk and the muscovado sugar. Gently cook the rice out for 15-20 minutes until it softens and absorbs the cream mix. You will need to stir all of the time to release the starches from the rice which will thicken the cream.
- Once the pudding is done, stir in the toasted almonds, and leave to rest for 4-5 mins. Add the mascarpone to the pudding.
- Whilst it is resting, whisk together the crème fraiche, cinnamon, icing sugar and the orange zest until it is nice and thick
- Dice up the peaches and tear up some mint leaves
- Stir the mascarpone into the rice pudding and spoon it into your bowls. Scatter on some peaches, torn up mint, spoon on a dollop of crème fraiche, top with a sprinkling of brown sugar and serve.