Duck Salad with Marmalade Dressing
If you use a barbecued or roasted duck from an Asian takeaway or supermarket this lovely salad is fast work, and even more so if you make the Marmalade Dressing in advance and have it ready in the fridge. If you can’t get duck it’s also good with chicken.
Prep time 20 mins
- flesh of 4 cooked duck legs or 1 whole cooked duck, cut or torn into chunks
- 6 handfuls salad leaves
- 150g snow peas, very finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- ½ cup roasted peanuts or cashews
- ¼ cup torn mint leaves
- Marmalade Dressing
- 2 tbsp Golden Marmalade (hyperlink to recipe) or other marmalade
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- To make Marmalade Dressing, place all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the salad, combine all ingredients in a serving bowl, toss through dressing and serve.
This recipe is from new TV series Annabel Langbein The Free Range Cook: Through the Seasons. For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see annabel-langbein.com