Place an array of toppings in the centre of the table and everyone in the family can select the topping of their choice for their baked potatoes – guaranteed happy families.
Serves 4 (makes 8)
- 8 baking potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rock salt
- For the fillings
- 8 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 100g light crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 100g mature white cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 100g baby spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 100ml broccoli florets, blanched
- 100g sweetcorn, cooked
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for sauting the onions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas 4.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil and place in a roasting tin.
- Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes depending on the size until crispy on the outer skin and soft inside.
- In the meantime fry the bacon until crispy and place in a small bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan with olive oil, saute the onions until softened and caramelized.
- Combine the chives and crème fraiche and place in a bowl ready for the table.
- Place the grated cheese in a bowl.
- Place the spinach, broccoli and sweetcorn in bowls.
- Cut a cross into each – season with a little salt and pepper and allow to cool slightly.
- Place everything on the table, ready for everyone to help themselves.