Decorating Cup Cakes
by Dawn Kloke
- 12 delicious cupcakes – allow to cool completely (*cake recipes available on request)
- brown sugar paste/fondant
- butter-cream icing
- textured surface
- icing flower and leaves
- 12 cupcake casings
- Covering cupcakes with Rolled Fondant gives them a silky-smooth surface, perfect for displaying icing flowers.
- Step 1: Allow cupcakes to cool completely, then prepare by lightly covering with butter-cream
- Step 2: Roll out fondant to the desired size and thickness.
- Step 3: Press fondant onto a textured surface to form the background design.
- Step 4: Cover cupcakes with a bit of butter-cream icing and then cover with fondant.
- Step 5: Trim off excess fondant at base with spatula. Smooth fondant around cake with fingers.
- Step 6: Decorate with icing flowers and leaves as desired.
- Step 7: Apply cupcake casings to finish off.