- 2 tablespoons espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- ¼ cup (60g) mascarpone
- ¼ cup (60ml) singe (pouring) cream
- 2 teaspoons icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 small sponge finger biscuits
- Place the espresso and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer very slowly for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add the liqueur and chill.
- Place the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- To serve, divide the coffee mixture between 2 small serving glasses. Spoon the mascarpone mixture into 2 separate small serving glasses.
- Place the glasses on serving plates and serve with the biscuits.