Yield: enough for 2 to share
- 8 oz of the very best 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 Tablespoon of Grand Marnier
- Gently heat the cream and vanilla seeds and vanilla pod in a small saucepan.
- When the mixture simmers, turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Should the mixture begin to separate, to appear curdled, simply stir in a spoonful or two of cold cream and continue gently stirring until the mixture smoothes out again.
- Pour into a small festive serving bowl and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with graham crackers, biscotti or fruit.