It’s the most asked question on Ask Aida — how to jazz up chicken? Aida’s got some simple and flavourful answers, including Pan Roasted Chicken With Oranges and Rosemary, and Roasted Garam Masala Chicken With Squash and Potatoes. On the side, an incredibly healthy and versatile dish: Cucumber-Bell Pepper Quinoa.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Ease of Preparation: easy
Total Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, halved lengthwise, small dice (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, small dice (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine water and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa. Add the quinoa and stir briefly. When it returns to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until quinoa absorbs the liquid and grains are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When quinoa is ready, stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Taste, adjust seasoning, as needed, and serve.;