- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in half, and one half thinly sliced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C). Heat a large, heavy saucepan on medium heat and coat the bottom of the saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs to pan, skin side down, and sear to render fat and crisp skin (2-4 minutes). Flip chicken legs and repeat.
- Add garlic and scatter thin lemon slices over thighs. Rub thyme sprigs in your hands above the pan to remove leaves. Place the rubbed sprigs among the thighs. Toss contents of pan. Arrange thighs with skin side up and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and cooked for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze remaining lemon half over the thighs, catching seeds in your hand.