Makes 6 cups
- cooked pulp of 3 gem squash
- 700g (1.5 lbs – 24 oz) asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 45ml (3 T) olive oil
- 10ml (2 t) medium curry powder
- 2.5ml (½ t) minced chilli (optional)
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock (3 T stock powder)
- 500g (8 oz) baby frozen peas
- 125ml (½ cup) plain yoghurt (optional)
- Pre-cook the gem squash by boiling them in halves, then remove the pulp. Set aside. Clean and coarsely chop the asparagus. Set aside.
- Finely chop the red onion. In a large pot, sauté the onion in the olive oil until softened.
- Stir in the curry powder and the minced chilli.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Then add the stock, frozen peas, squash and asparagus.
- Simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until the asparagus is just cooked.
- Remove from heat and liquidize until smooth.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before adding the yoghurt.
- Serve warm or cold.
© sharon glass 2012 | For more recipes: www.sharonglass.co.za