Creamy Dill Mussels with Sour Cream and Chive Fries
- Chive Fries
- 2 Russet Potatoes, peeled, cleaned, and cut
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Freeze-Dried Chives
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Olive oil
- 1 Leek, diced
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Chilli flakes
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Dry white wine
- 1 ½ lb (680 g) Mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- ½ cup (120 ml) Heavy cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) White wine vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) Fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (165˚C).
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Cut into thin strips, about 2 inches.
- Soak in cold water for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat them completely dry and place in a large bowl.
- Add chives, salt, sour cream, and oil to the potatoes and toss.
- Add chopped garlic and toss again.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until crispy and golden, turning once.
- Scrub the mussels under cool water, discarding any with broken or cracked shells.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a wok, or a large pot.
- Add leeks, garlic, chilli flakes, and a dash of salt. Cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add white wine.
- Add mussels to the wok and cover for until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove fries from the oven and season with salt.
- Cover with foil and all the fries to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove mussels to a bowl, using a spider or slotted spoon. Discard any mussels that have failed to open.
- Add heavy cream to the wok and allow it to cook down.
- Add white wine vinegar, and place mussels back in wok. Add chopped dill and toss.
- Transfer the mussels to a large bowl and serve with chive fries.