Crab and Prawn Coconut Soup with Noodles
Serves 2 as a meal
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass, finely chopped
- 200g (8ozs) crab meat
- 500ml (18fl ozs) fish or light chicken stock
- 1 small tin (165g/7ozs) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 50g (2ozs) thin egg noodles
- 50g (2ozs) raw prawns, peeled
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (leaves and stalks)
- In a large saucepan on a medium heat, place the oil, then add the garlic, ginger, lemon grass and crab meat.
- Toss on the heat for a few minutes until light golden.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and fish sauce.
- Bring to the boil then add the raw egg noodles and after 1 minute add the prawns (simmering all the time).
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the prawns and noodles are cooked, then add the sliced spring onions, lime juice, the chopped chilli and the chopped coriander, season to taste and serve.