- 250g (9 oz) couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml (1\2 pint) boiling water, vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- **Preheat an oven to 180c.Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl, pour in the olive oil, and with your fingers rub it into the couscous. Stir in the water or stock and cover the bowl with tin foil or a Pyrex plate and put into the oven for 10 mins, or until hot.
- Add chopped mint and season to taste.
- **NOTE This is also good at room temperature, so just leave out putting it in the oven, and just let it sit for 10 mins on your worktop, to soak up the liquid.
- **NOTE couscous is a fantastic base for salads, anything from toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and roasted peppers, to halved cherry tomatoes, parsley pesto and chopped cooked chicken work very well.