Yield: 4-8 large pancakes
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of your favourite whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Whisk together the flours, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry mix into the wet ingredients just to combine.
- Preheat your griddle or a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Spoon the batter onto the preheated surface. Small pancakes cook faster and are easier to flip but if you’re a deft hand, feel free to make them bigger. Watch for bubbles to break the surface, then flip and finish. Serve and share!
Add a little fun by frying a batch of bacon on the griddle first. Once the bacon has finished cooking, fold the strips in half and pour spoonfuls of batter over. Cook until golden brown, then flip and cook the second side.