Ease of Preperation: Easy, Moderate, Complex
Yield: 8 servings
A recipe is merely words on paper; a guideline, a starting point from which to improvise. It cannot pretend to replace the practiced hand and telling glance of a watchful cook. For that reason feel free to stir your own ideas into this dish. When you cook it once, it becomes yours, so personalize it a bit. Add more of an ingredient you like or less of something you don’t like. Try substituting one ingredient for another. Remember words have no flavour, you have to add your own!
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, stems and seeds removed and thinly sliced.
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard and sugar together. Put cabbage, pepper, onion and carrots into a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavours mingle.