Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of long grain white rice
- 2 cups of good quality chicken broth or water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft and aromatic, 3 minutes or so.
- Add the rice, stirring and toasting for a further minute or two. Stir in the broth, the bay leaf and the salt.
- Bring the works to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.