Chuck’s Super Burgers
Fred & Eugenio are awesome guys – and it’s super important to me that they really understand what we’re all about, so I’ve invited them down to cook for them and remind them of why people are lining up to get in here!”
Easy, Moderate, Complex
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Nota : The Ranch dressing keeps for 3 days in an airtight container.
- For the ranch dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (80 ml)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (80 ml)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey (15 ml)
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 scallion, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- For the patties:
- 1 lb of medium fat ground beef (450 g)
- 1 lb of ground veal (450 g)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce (15 ml)
- 1/4 cup of ranch dressing (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of capers, minced (15 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes (2 ml)
- 1/2 cup of raclette cheese, cubed (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for frying
- 6 slices of raclette cheese
- For the toppings:
- 6 hamburger buns, warmed
- 6 slices of good quality bacon
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Ranch dressing, relish, ketchup, mustard to garnish
- For the Ranch dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 350 ˚F (180 ˚C).
- For the patties combine all ingredients except for the cheese in a large bowl and mix well with hands until blended thoroughly. Form palm shaped patties placing 2 to 3 pieces of cheese in the center of every patty so that they are entirely covered and in the center of each hamburger patty. In a large pan heat vegetable oil on high. Sear both sides of the patties, about 2 minutes until brown. Top with the slices of cheese. Continue cooking in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts from the center of the patty. Place on warmed buns and assemble with the toppings.
- For the toppings, heat a pan on medium and let warm up. Add bacon and cook until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel to drain some of the excess oil. In the same pan, add slices of onion and let cook until caramelized, on medium heat about 20 minutes. Remove and add to the burgers along with bacon, lettuce, tomato and Ranch dressing.