Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound piece of Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Over moderately high heat bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water. Drain, pat dry and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl toss together asparagus, shallot and vinegar. Drizzle oil on top of asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan cheese to measure 1/3 cup. Toss cheese with asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
BYOC: Have you ever tried dill and asparagus together? Not a likely combination, but certainly a delicious one.