Chocolate Melting Moments
I absolutely adore melting moment which are Australian little melt-in-the-mouth crumbly biscuits, sandwiched together and these are a chocolate version which are also divine and addictive.
Makes 24 halves (12 when sandwiched together)
- 125g (5ozs) butter, softened
- 50g (2ozs) icing sugar
- 50g (2ozs) corn-flour
- 25g (1oz) cocoa powder
- 100g (4ozs) plain flour
- about 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread, like Green and Blacks or Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly grease or line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, then add the icing sugar and beat until soft and light, sift in the corn-flour, cocoa powder and plain flour into the butter and sugar and mix until the dough comes together. Divide the dough into 24 equal parts (about the size of a walnut in its shell). Roll into balls, place slightly apart on the prepared tray, then flatten slightly each biscuit with a fork. Cook in the preheated oven for 10-12 minute or until firm. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits sit on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Then sandwich the biscuits together with a nice thick layer of chocolate hazelnut spread.