PREP TIME: 5
COOK TIME: 8
- 8 ounces good dark chocolate, chopped (not below 60 percent cocoa, recommended: Valrhona)
- 8 ounces heavy cream, scalded
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- Orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- Marshmallows, strawberries, pound cake, dried apricot/mango/papaya, for serving
- Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cream to a medium bowl and pour in the chocolate. Whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny, elastic emulsion.
- Whisk in the butter, then add the liqueur, to taste, until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a fondue pot.
- Dip your choice of bites into the fondue using fondue forks and enjoy!