Chocolate is the flavour of the day today as Yudhika prepares an amazing spread of Chocolate dishes. On the menu is Willy Wonka Style Chocolate Cake; a creamy & luscious Chocolate Mousse; Choc Chip scones with homemade Strawberry Jam, a decadent Self-saucing chocolate pudding and a delicious
- 6 egg whites
- 300g white sugar
- 15ml vinegar
- 15ml Cornflour
- 30ml cocoa powder, sifted
- 600ml whipped cream
- Fresh figs, to garnish
- 70g melted chocolate, to drizzle
- Cut out 2 x 10 inch circles out of baking paper.
- Draw a smaller circle on the baking paper to ensure the Pavlovas are a similar size when baked.
- Place the egg whites into a glass or stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Beat until soft peaks form and gradually add the sugar.
- Add the vinegar, Cornflour and sift the cocoa powder into the egg whites.
- Fold lightly to combine.
- Stick the paper down on a baking tray or the base of a loose bottom using a little Pavlova mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the two circles.
- Using the smaller circle as a guide then spread the mixture around with a spatula creating a few peaks.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 130 degrees Celsius for 80 minutes.
- Leave the Pavlovas to cool in the oven overnight to prevent cracking.
- Sandwich the Pavlova with whipped cream just before serving.
- Top with cream and fresh figs or berries.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.