Yield: 4 servings
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Few drops sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Fill an electric deep fryer with peanut or canola oil and heat to 365°.
- Puree chicken, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, sesame oil and egg whites in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the carrots and green onion and whiz briefly just until stirred in but not pureed.
- Using a pair of tablespoons form the chicken mixture into rough ball shapes.
- Carefully drop them into the fryer oil using one of the spoons to push the mixture off the other spoon.
- Fry until they are golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes depending on the size.