Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1- 4 lb chuck roast, trimmed and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 head of garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp of ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 dried Ancho chili peppers
- 2- 28 oz cans of whole tomatoes
- 1- 19 oz can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 19 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of taco cheese blend
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the beef chuck on all sides in batches in the vegetable oil. Reserve the beef and add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook just to heat through, about 2 minutes. Add the oregano, cumin, cinnamon, salt and Ancho chilies to the onions and stir for a few minutes. Return the browned beef to the pan along with the tomatoes and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is tender, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and turn on your convection fan if you have one.
- To form Chili Mac n’ Cheese stir the water and macaroni into the chili. Stir on the stove top for five minutes or so giving the pasta a jump start. Stir half the cheese blend into the chili and pour it into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake your masterpiece until golden and bubbly, 15 minutes.