Chicken & Pineapple Pita Pockets
- 1 pack of chicken strips
- A few rashers of bacon, chopped up
- Cornflour (maizena)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Pita bread pockets
- Lettuce leaves
- Tinned pineapple chunks cut into small pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
Toss the chicken strips into a mixture of cornflour seasoned with salt and lightly coat.
Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and bacon bits until ready.
Brown and cook the chicken strips.
Combine the mayonnaise, the mustard and water in a small bowl.
Open the pitas and fill with the mayo mixture, the chicken, the bacon and onion.
Garnish with tomato and lettuce.