- 1 x 400g roll puff pastry, defrosted
- chicken stripped from a cooked chicken
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 750ml chicken stock (30-45ml stock powder)
- 3 bay leaves
- 10-15ml maizena dissolved with 10ml cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 10ml cold water
- coarse salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-large pot. Sauté the onion and carrots until softened and lightly browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Remove the bones and skin from leftover chicken, keeping the chicken pieces large. Add the chicken to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 -15 minutes or until chicken pieces are very soft.
- Whisk in the maizena and heat the sauce until slightly thickened.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour filling into the dish. Roll out the pastry a little. Spread over the chicken mixture to cover the mixture. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden
© sharon glass 2012 | For more recipes: www.sharonglass.co.za