Easy, Moderate, Complex
Yields : 8 servings
Note: Soaking the chicken in Buttermilk will result in tender and juicy chicken.
You can buy buttermilk in the dairy product section of a supermarket, but mixing 1 cup (250 ml) of milk with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of lemon juice or vinegar achieves the same result.
- For the chicken nuggets :
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and deboned
- 1 cup of buttermilk (250 ml)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (45 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic Tabasco (2 ml)
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper (5 ml)
- 1 cup of flour for dredging (250 ml)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs (500 ml)
- 1 lemon
- For the honey mustard dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup of mild yellow mustard (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup of honey (60 ml)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, marinate the pieces of chicken with buttermilk. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight. This will tenderize the chicken.
- Drain and discard the buttermilk. In a food processor; combine the marinated chicken, egg, chive, parmesan, , soy sauce, garlic Tabasco, juice of lemon salt and pepper. Blend until a smooth paste is formed, about 1 minute. Make about 2 inch by 1inch nuggets, lining them up on a baking tray. In a shallow bowl add flour and in a separate bowl the beaten eggs. Coat the nuggets in flour, then egg, then panko crumbs and place back on tray. Deep fry in small batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Alternately, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet and fry, turning every two minutes for about 10 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Can be made up to 1 day in advance