Chicken, Chilli and Ginger Stir-Fry
CHEF’S TIP: Pak Choi is also known as Chinese Cabbage and is available at specialty stores.
- 200g (7oz) egg noodles
- 30ml (2 T) peanut oil or olive oil
- 10ml (2 t) sesame oil
- 6 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 6 spring onions
- 10ml (2 t) freshly grated ginger
- 10ml (2 t) minced garlic
- 30ml (2 T) sweet chilli sauce
- 125ml (½ cup) chicken or vegetable stock (10ml (2 t) powder)
- 10ml (2 t) Soya sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water – move to here
- 2 heads pak choi or baby spinach
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Boil noodles for 5 minutes until softened, drain and toss with cold water. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, then season them.
- Heat both oils and when smoking, add the chicken and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Slice the spring onions diagonally.
- Add them with the ginger, garlic and sweet chilli sauce to the wok.
- Cook for 1 minute. Add the stock powder, soya sauce and a little water (if necessary), returning the chicken to the wok with the noodles as well as the pak choi or spinach.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with coriander just before serving.
© sharon glass 2012 | For morerecipes: www.sharonglass.co.za