Chicken & Artichoke Penne
Yudhika is cooking with the fresh flavours of Italy today She starts by preparing a hearty Veal Cottage Pie topped with Parmesan Cheese followed by a Penne with Chicken and Artichoke dish. To finish off the feast a Malva Pudding with a touch of Italian liqueur and a luscious chocolate sauce.
- 500g penne
- 45ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced across the grain
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g bacon, chopped
- 15ml garlic
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 375ml white wine or stock
- 45ml grated parmesan
- 100ml fresh cream
- 200g marinated or tinned artichokes, chopped 125ml grated parmesan Black pepper, to season Fresh basil, to garnish
- Step 1:
- Cook the penne according to the directions on the packaging.
- Step 2:
- Heat a 28cm pan on high.
- Add 30ml sunflower oil and seal the slices of chicken fillet.
- Step 3:
- Heat the olive oil in pan.
- Add the onion and salt.
- Saute until pale golden in colour.
- Add the bacon and saute until the fat melts.
- Add the crushed garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Stir the chopped green chilli into the onion and bacon, then fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sealed chicken pieces and wine, simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the grated parmesan and pour in the cream.
- Add the artichokes, and stir.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the penne, and toss to coat.
- Season with black pepper.
- Cook until the penne heats through and garnish with fresh basil.