Chicken and Prawn Curry
- Curry sauce
- 100g onion finely chopped
- 10g cumin powder
- 10g turmeric powder
- 30g mild curry powder
- 10g fennel powder
- 15g gara masala
- 60g garlic and 60g ginger blended to a paste
- 300ml fresh cream
- 120g butter
- 40g honey
- 3 large skinned and deseeded tomatoes
- 1 L Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Chicken and Prawns
- 800g deshelled, deveined prawns
- 1 kg chicken thighs, skinned and cubed
- Take a pot or deep pan and over medium heat, add some olive oil and butter
- Now add the chopped onions and sautee until transparent. Next, blend the ginger and the garlic together, to form a paste. Add it to the onions followed by the Cumin, Turmeric, a bit of mild curry powder, Fennel powder, Garam masala and lastly the saffron.
- Now cook it all together until the spices are aromatic.
- Then, add the skinned tomatoes
- And chicken stock and allow it to simmer for 25 min. Stirring continuesly.
- After it has simmered, remove from the heat and add it into a blender, blend until it is smooth
- When it is done, remove from the blender and pass through a fine strainer.
- Keep it aside until later.
- Serve this delicious curry with some steamed rice and a small salad
- Garnish the chicken with chopped spring onions.
Side dish: Carrot Salad
- 200g carrots
- 4 red radishes
- 1 jalapeno
- 25g coriander
- 25g garted coconut
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Grate the carrots and the radish and combine with the coconut and the coriander in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the mustard seeds, then cover and shake thye pan until the seeds starts to pop.
- Add the chillies, remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Cool down… when its cold, pour over the remaining ingredients and toss well. Season with salt to taste.