Cherry Almond Rice Pudding
Join Nick as he walks us through some of Nick’s Favourites. He prepares Veal Saltimbocca and much more.
Serves 6 – 8
- 4 cups milk
- 1½ cups uncooked Arborio rice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup C&H® or Domino® sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce can dark cherries, drained and cut in half, juice discarded
- Bring the milk to a boil in a 2-quart nonstick saucepan set on medium-high heat. Add the rice and salt, then reduce the heat to medium and keep the mixture at a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar, and almond and vanilla extracts, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pan containing the milk-rice mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed. Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the pudding from sticking to the bottom of the pan. The pudding should become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the cherries and pour the pudding into a large serving bowl or individual dessert bowls.
- If you wish to serve the pudding warm, let it cool at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes, and serve. To serve chilled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, covered.