Yield: 1 serving
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk the eggs together with chives, thyme, cheddar and salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat an 8” skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat and add the oil and butter. The butter will sizzle and foam. When the foam begins to recede pour in the egg mixture and swirl it around the bottom of the pan so it fills the pan in a thin layer.
- Stir gently for a few moments until nearly all of the egg has set then let it rest while the bottom browns slightly and the remaining egg sets.
- Fold the omelet in half and slide it onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.